Search This Blog

Friday 4 September 2015

Best of high end makeup collab

Hello Everybody, todays post is a collabwith Ella from fl0ralella I will link her blog at the bottom of this post so after you have read my post you can go and check out Ella’s. So if you haven’t already guessed from the title today I am going to be doing a best of high end makeup blog post and Ella is going to be doing a best of drugstore makeup post. That way you will be able to see a contrast of good things but with different price ranges so if you don’t have lots of money to splurge on high end makeup you will have some good ideas for an alternative purchase from the drugstore.

So my first best of high end makeup product is the benefit that gal primer. Now this amazing product leaves your face with a nice dewy finish  instead of your average matte one which is nice for a change.  When you use this product, it comes out pink which is quite unusual but it blends in to adapt to your skin tone. It also lasts for a very long time because you only need a small squirt of it and then you can use your fingers to apply it to the main 5 areas of your face The forehead, the chin, the nose and the 2 cheeks before blending everything in with a brush so it is definitely worth the more expensive price you pay for it. It costs £22.50 for the normal size of this raspberry and chamomile smelling primer.

My next pick is one of my more recent purchases and it is the MAC cream colour base in the shade “nude”.  This cost me around £16 and comes in your average sort of black makeup packaging.  But this product is more than just average because for starters you can use it for multiple things like highlighter, concealer and even a cream eyeshadow if you really wanted! It is so versatile and really easy to blend in and also going back to the multi usage point even If it is not the right shade for you to use it as a concealer, you can still use it for other things. I would definitely recommend buying this product because it is worth every single penny!

Pick number 3 is another benefit cosmetics product and it is their hoola boxed bronzer which is said to be for light to medium skin tones.  I really like this bronzer because when you apply it to your cheekbones if you put on a bit too much product you can always even it out and get the nice sort of result you wanted whereas some bronzers just stay where put and make the skin really dry and horrible and make your face look like you have just had a massive load of fake tan applied. I also like this bronzer since it sculpts your cheekbones really nicely but isn’t too noticeable it just makes you look a bit sunkissed like you would if you had just come back from a hot holiday abroad. This bronzer comes in at the price of £26.50 and is something to add to your wish list.

Onto eyes now, I only have one eye product I am going to mention which is the Stila forever your curl memory curl mascara. Now this mascara is AMAZING! I cant even put into words how good this really is. The wand for this is  really straight and thin and by thin I mean it does not really have lots and lots of bristles sticking out they are all quite compacted which I think is the reason it makes anyones lashes look insanely long after one coat of this. The price for this is only £15 which is such good value if you ask me for the best mascara I have found in a long time.

My final product for this post is one of the MAC cosmetics lipsticks because I mean how could you go a whole post without mentioning these they are so beautiful and come in so many colours whenever you go into buy one lipstick you either come out with about 10 or your  in there for hours deciding which shade to buy. These are genuinely my favourite lipsticks EVER and are worth £15.50 . My pick is their lipstick in the shade crème cup which is a cremesheen finish which is my favourite type of MAC lipstick finish along with the amplified finish. The shade itself is a gorgeous pinky nude but what I like about it is it like a your lips but better colour because it’s not too light, it’s not too dark, its just right and also it just glides so nicely onto the lips.  This shade suits all skin tones so if you are looking or a new MAC lipstick to add to your collection or thinking of splurging and buying your first MAC lipstick this is the shade for you!


Anyways, that is the end of my post today I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Be sure to leave some comments down below on what you would my next post to be about and be sure to go read Ella’s blogpost on the best of drugstore makeup now it is amazing and she is a fantastic blogger. Ill link her blog below. So see you guys soon .

 xoxo


Ellas blog :   fl0ralella.blogspot.co.uk



2 comments: